Stained Glass Transfer: Our Lady of Walsingham
Easy to reposition self cling window transfer. Peel off and stick on to a clean window.
The original statue of Our Lady of Walsingham was taken from the Augustinian Priory in Walsingham in 1538 and burnt with many other statues at Chelsea. The present statue was carved in the Marian Year of 1954 and crowned by the Apostolic Delegate on the Pope's behalf in the Priory grounds on August 15th 1954. The Statue was honoured by Pope John Paul II, during his papal visit to Wembley on May 29th 1982.
- Jesus extends his arm in a gesture of blessing and protection.
- The seven rings on the pillars stand for the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- The Saxon crown and throne portray Our Lady as Queen.
- The Pillars of the throne represent the church.
- The threefold lily symbolizes virginity and purity.
The transfer measures approx: 22cm x 7cm.